That's of course what's it all about !
Some simple points that can have a positive impact on every site. They are really
simple points, that can have huge effects, but it seems a lot of sites don't
think about them.
When a user has to wait for a page to come through, he zaps away. So, we need
speed. We achieve speed with :
A good (maybe the best) example about keeping it simple, a fast engine and
not to much images is Google (compare with other search engines).
- A fast engine like BitsMarket.
- Not over using images: you can also get nice looking pages with a
minimal number of images. And in lots of cases this has also the advantage
that the page is very clear and simple, which most of the time means
the user finds his way easier. Again, if
the user does not find directly what he wants, he zaps away again.
- Hardware is in a lot of circumstances less important.
- And of course a good connection to the Internet.
Of course, BitsMarket offers a lot more for activating sales:
- A fast search engine.
- A clear structure to find the right product in no time. (of course
also depending on how you set up your data)
- Promotional banner system with priorities.
- Context sensitive promotions (depending on what the user is looking for,
and if a promotion is available in that product range, BitsMarket will
bring it up).
- Linking to related products and/or related categories (can be defined per
product page). These links come on the product page, and if the user adds
some products to his cart, also on the confirmation page.
- Suggestions: when a product is added to the cart, other products can
be suggested (i.e. when buying a calculator, he probably needs a paperroll
for it, and maybe also an inkroll as reserve).
- Toppers page: your weekly/monthly best sellers in promotion
- Free bonus system on a per product basis: buy this, get that free of
charge. The nice thing about this: if a user searches for a certain
product, he will also see that he can get it for free by buying
another (more expensive) product.
- Offer prices per user with a validity specified in a date and time.
The normal price will be with a line through, and below the offer price
will be displayed in a color you specify. An icon is also displayed, where
the user can click on to see what's it about, and how long this price
will be valid.
- Free gift system if enabled in the config-files: let registered users
choose a free gift once a month.
- Favorites: make it easy for the user to find the products he uses regurarly.
- Order History: let the user look at what he bought before, and of course, let him reorder immediatly.
- Supplies Manager: a very specific easy and fast way to find supplies.
- Your Secretary: e-mail reminder system. The user asks us to remind him about
certain products, with certain time-intervals. What better way is there to
keep in touch.
- And an integrated completely automated Database Marketing tool !
Copyright © 1996-2010 Stefan Loones